This pancake packs a serious energy punch and will set you up the for the day ahead... Created by the divine Pamela from @spamella we're off to whip this one up now!
For the pancakes -
1 x box Sweetpea Pantry Grainy Brain Pancake Mix 220g
200ml almond or oat milk
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the chocolate sauce -
4 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
150ml boiling water
2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
For the cherries -
200g cherries (fresh or frozen)
2 tablespoons maple syrup or stevia
For the chocolate balls -
100g dates, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes
100g desiccated coconut
3 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
4 tablespoons cacao nibs
1) First make the chocolate balls: Drain the dates, place everything apart from the in a blender or food processor and whizz up until you have a slightly sticky mixture. Stir in the cacao nibs then divide into about 12 small balls and chill in the fridge to firm.
2) Next place the cherries in a pan with 1 tablespoon water and the maple syrup/stevia. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until soft and a light syrup has formed. Set aside.
3) Now make up the pancake mix according to the instructions, adding the maple syrup and cinnamon. Heat some coconut oil in a pan and cook small pancakes in batches.
4) Meanwhile whisk together the chocolate sauce ingredients, adding a little extra water or almond milk to form a sauce.
5) Plate up the pancakes, pour some chocolate sauce over and arrange some cherries and their syrup plus a few chocolate balls on top. Enjoy!