A healthy take on our pancakes - we love bringing a little fruit into the mix!
For the pancakes –
1 egg (OR 3 tbsp apple puree if making vegan friendly version)
200ml milk or dairy free alternative
1-2 tbsp maple syrup
1 packet Sweetpea Pantry Grainy Brainy Pancake Mix 220g
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1-1.5 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp ground ginger
1 tsp vanilla paste
1 small handful walnuts, finely chopped
1 apple, cored and finely chopped
For the stewed apples –
3 apples, cored and chopped (you can peel or leave peeled for extra fibre!)
2-3 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp. water
Total time required: 25 minutes
1) Start by making your stewed apples. Place the apples in a saucepan along with the water, sugar and spices and stir well. Cover the saucepan and place it on a hob on a medium heat. Bring to the boil, then allow to cook for five or so minutes. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until the apples are softened and the sauce thickened, stirring often and adding more water if needed. Remove from the heat and set aside.
2) Make your pancakes by whisking the egg until light and fluffy.
3) Add the milk and maple syrup to your egg mixture, then mix. Add in your Sweetpea Grainy Brainy Pancake Mix, along with the coconut sugar, spices and vanilla and whisk until well combined. Stir through the apple and walnuts.
4) Heat some oil or butter in a pan until melted. Using a large spoon, add the pancake batter to the pan, forming circles. Flip once bubbles start to appear, cooking on the second side until browned. Repeat for all the mix.
5) Serve warm topped with the stewed apples, yoghurt, chopped nuts and more maple syrup drizzled over the top.