Two best friends on a mission to explore and eat their way
around the world from Sydney to New York to London. Suddenly, brakes, career halting, life-changing
brakes. (That would be the little sweetpea's - two for Philippa, three for Tanya).
As time-pressed, food obsessed parents, we couldn't find any
great baking mixes on the shelves that we felt comfortable feeding our
children. We both loved to bake but didn't always have the time, energy or
range of ingredients.
So with a flash of inspiration, we decided to put our
time and energy into making sure ALL busy parents had access to great tasting,
easy options for baking with or for their kids. Mixes that weren't defined by
sugar, that had fibre, nutrients, texture and flavour.
Our mixes have all dry ingredients blended and ready to go, never have sugar in the top 3 ingredients, and have easy to follow instructions to make healthier versions of your family's favourite snacks and meals without all the mess, packets of ingredients and the drama!
Having known each other since we were 5 years old making mud pies in the backyard, the recipes bit was easy, and we had lots of willing participants to trial all the products. With a little bit of support from some amazing mentors in the industry and a lot of research, Sweetpea Pantry was launched in 2014.
Our recipes are all based on products we have made for years at home, are loved by the kids and are quick and easy to do (by yourself or with the kinds involved).
- Grainy Brainy Pancake Mix starring buckwheat and flax (gluten-free)
- Super Oat Flapjack Mix starring quinoa and flax (gluten-free)
- Ginger Giggles Biscuit Mix starring barley, rye and flax
- Chocolate Giggles Biscuit Mix starring raw cacao, barley and flax
- Super-Duper Brownie Mix with flax and teff (gluten-free) NEW
- Scrumptious Carrot Cake Mix with oats and flaxseed NEW